Natural Pigments Golden MSA Varnish (Matte) 8 fl oz
An archival removable varnish, containing UV light stabilizers, for all acrylic and oil paintings. Permanent, non-yellowing, flexible and water-resistant when dry.Directions
Clean brushes with mineral spirits or turpentine. Do no mix with water. To insure desired results, always make a test piece for your particular application and surface.
Acrylic Paintings: Allow to dry thoroughly (3-5 days, depending on thickness of paint). Apply one coat as a permanent isolating varnish. Allow to dry 3 days and wipe surface with a soft, lint-free rag dampened with mineral spirits.
Oil Paintings: Allow to dry thoroughly (6-12 months, depending on thickness of paint). Apply one coat as a permanent isolating varnish. Allow to dry 3 days and wipe surface with a soft, lint-free rag dampened with mineral spirits.Application
MSA Gloss and Matte Varnish may be mixed to desired sheen. IMPORTANT: Mix MSA Matte Varnish thoroughly before use with brush handle that touches the bottom. This assures even distribution of the matting agent. Stirring too vigorously or shaking the container will create air bubbles. Apply with a wide flat, soft-hair brush, paint pad or spray. Can be thinned up to 25% with mineral spirits. DO NOT USE ODORLESS THINNERS OR MIX WITH WATER.Removal
Use a clean, soft, lint-free rag dampened with mineral spirits or turpentine. Rub gently and repeat process until all varnish is removed. Do not use stronger solvents. Allow to dry and reapply MSA Varnish.Manufacturer's Label Warnings
WARNING: FLAMMABLE. MAY BE HARMFUL BY BREATHING VAPORS. EYE IRRITANT. OVEREXPOSURE MAY RESULT IN NAUSEA, HEADACHE, CONFUSION OR INSTABILITY. CONTAINS: PETROLEUM DISTILLATES.
PRECAUTIONS: Avoid breathing vapors. Keep away from eyes. Do not store or use near heat or flame. Use exhaust fan to assure adequate cross ventilation. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
FIRST AID: If eye irritation occurs, rinse with tap water 5-10 minutes. If irritation persists, seek medical care. If swallowed, get prompt medical attention. If symptoms occur, move to fresh air. If symptoms persist, see a physician. For further health information contact a local poison control center or call 800-445-7067.