US $ 177.61
* Gilded Metals: History, Technology and Conservation
* Author: Terry Drayman-Weisser
* ISBN: 187313276X
* Publisher: Archetype Publications, 2000
* Size: 220 x 305 mm (8.75 x 12 in.). 376 pages. 32 pages of colour plates, 140 halftone illustrations. Hardbound with dust jacket.
* Through this lavishly illustrated volume, readers will discover how various cultures, ranging from ancient societies to more recent Western cultures, created gilded surfaces and how the allure of gold inspired new and ingenious technologies. Among others, practical techniques covered include foil and leaf gilding, depletion and diffusion techniques, fire gilding and electroplating. Conservation issues are also addressed.
This product is shipped from our warehouse in Willits, CA , US
This product is brand new and includes the manufacturer's warranty, so you can buy with confidence.
A 25% handling charge is levied against all authorized returns except those due to our error. Unauthorized returns are subject to a 40% handling charge. Damages & defects must be reported to us within 14 days.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
You recently viewed items