Robert Liberace is equally accomplished in drawing, painting, and sculpture. His work is inspired by the centuries of knowledge, skill, and elegance of the old masters. He works in a variety of mediums including pencil, chalk, pen and ink, watercolor, and oil.
DRAWING: Rob is perhaps best known for his classic and distinctive style of figure drawing. American Artist magazine highlighted Rob's drawing techniques as the cover feature in their May 2002 annual drawing issue. Rob is working on a book for Watson-Guptill Publishing which focuses on his contemporary approach for creating "old master" style drawings. Three of Rob's drawings were selected to be displayed in New York's prestigious Arnot Museum of Art.
PORTRAITS: In April of 2003 Robert received the Portrait Society of America's Grand Prize Award in their annual International Portrait Competition. The previous year he placed Best of Show.
Robert has been commissioned to paint portraits for clients such as Marc Pachter, long-time Director of the National Portrait Gallery, George H.W. Bush, and Ambassador Sol Linowitz. Rob's portrait demonstrations have become a favorite for students attending the Portrait Society's Portrait Academies.
When asked "Why Silver Brush," Rob answers,
"From the first broad strokes to the last precise details, Silver Brushes leave their mark on all my paintings. With beautiful craftsmanship and a refined and responsive feel they are ideal painting tools. Every stroke seems to roll directly from my fingertips, which gives me an essential connection to my work.
"Silver brushes feel as if they have been custom made for me and my painting. I especially enjoy the Grand Prix filbert bushes which I use extensively.
"And when I need a little extra definition there is nothing like the Renaissance cat's tongue sables to place the paint with surgical precision. As they mature they maintain their character and perform, in some cases, even better then when I first used them.
"With their exceptional performance and beautiful finish it is plain to see that Silver Brush has as much regard for artistry and craftsmanship as the most demanding artist."
- 3 - Silverstone White Bristle Filbert - Size 0
- 3 - Silverstone White Bristle Filbert - Size 1
- 2 - Bristlon Stiff White Synthetic Rounds - Size 0
- 2 - Bristlon Stiff White Synthetic Rounds - Size 1
- 3 - Bristlon Stiff White Synthetic Filbert - Size 0
- 3 - Bristlon Stiff White Synthetic Filbert - Size 1
- 4 - Renaissance Pure Kolinsky Sable Cats Tongue - Size 1
- 4 - Renaissance Pure Kolinsky Sable Cats Tongue - Size 2
- 2- Renaissance Pure Kolinsky Sable Rounds Short Handle - Size 3/0
- 2- Renaissance Pure Kolinsky Sable Rounds Short Handle - Size 0